Flöjelbergsgatan 20B 431 37 Mölndal, Sweden
What is trenchless sewer repair?
Trenchless sewer repair goes by many names, such as trenchless pipe relining/pipe lining, CIPP sewer lining, and epoxy pipe lining, among many others. They all refer to a non-invasive solution to repair and restore main, lateral, and vertical sewer and drain pipes. Trenchless pipe repair involves relining pipe systems with a felt liner saturated with two-part epoxy resin to create tight-fitting, jointless, and corrosion-resistant replacement pipes inside the old pipes.
Trenchless sewer line repair vs. Repiping
Trenchless sewer repair is the latest breakthrough in pipe restoration, significantly reducing the cost and time spent repairing pipes. Where floors and walls previously had to be opened to access and remove the pipe system, trenchless sewer repair instead accesses the pipes through vents or cleanouts. As such, the building owners won’t have to be evacuated or deal with the noise and dust from heavy machinery during an excavation. This is especially important for businesses to avoid any interruptions in their operations.
Trenchless sewer line repair costs are significantly lower than installing new pipes and the associated remediation (repairing and repainting walls, floors, and structures). While it ultimately depends on the extent of the job and the amount of demolition required, repiping also takes longer to perform, sometimes up to a few weeks. In contrast, relining takes a few hours up to a few days to complete.
HOW IT WORKS
How trenchless commercial sewer repair works
Performing a trenchless pipe repair is a four-step process:
- Step 1: The existing pipes are cleaned and descaled to expose any leaks and damages to expose and open up the old pipe to its original inner diameter to ensure the new pipe will be big enough. Also, if any scale is left, important clues that are crucial to the success of the relining project might be overlooked
- Step 2: The felt linker is saturated with two-part epoxy, preparing it for installation.
- Step 3: The liner is installed in the old pipe. This can be done by either the pull-in-place method (primarily used for section or remote installs, tee, wye, and straight liners), or the inversion method (primarily used for longer installs). Regardless of the method used, the epoxy will always be on the outside of the liner. Afterward, air pressure is used to ensure the liner fills out the original pipe completely.
- Step 4: After the liner is in place, it is cured, either passively or actively. Passive curing is referred to as “ambient curing”, where the only downside is that it takes a bit longer. Active curing is done by applying heat using either hot water or steam to speed up the process. During the curing process, the epoxy hardens to create a seamless, smooth, and corrosion-resistant pipe.
The Repiper StepbyStep method
The Repiper StepByStep method is our innovative process for trenchless pipe repair, which ensures a superior pipe and sewer repair. Neither floors nor walls have to be broken up – regardless if it’s a residential, industrial, or commercial sewer repair – which minimizes disturbance for the owner of the building. The entire process only takes a few hours up to a few days, depending on the size of the project, and is carried out at a fraction of the price compared to traditional repiping methods. Read more about the Repiper StepbyStep method.
Advantages of the Repiper commercial sewer repair method
Traditional reparation of sewer and plumbing systems involves acute inconvenience for the owners of the building. The building owners must either be evacuated or deal with the noise and dust while the restoration of the pipes is in progress.
The Repiper StepbyStep trenchless sewer repair method provides a host of advantages to the benefit of both the owners of the building and the relining company:
- Less invasive. Trenchless sewer repair with Repiper restores pipe systems in pipes without having to dig or excavate. This is a critical factor for businesses such as restaurants, hospitals, universities, and similar to avoid disruption to their operations. It is also of great value to buildings with historical value to prevent damage to walls and floors.
- Saves time and money. The fact that no excavation or demolition is needed with the trenchless sewer repair method makes it more cost-effective and less time-consuming.
- Scalable. The Repiper StepbyStep method is more scalable than traditional repiping because it does not require any big and heavy robots, machines, or equipment to perform the job.
- Environmentally friendly. Relining ensures there is little to no waste to dispose of after a completed project. Structurally fine parts of the building remain untouched since the work is done remotely inside the pipe through accesses such as vents or cleanouts.
- Increased quality. Relining creates a smooth new pipe made out of epoxy, increasing the flow capacity, preventing calcification deposits from sticking, and is also corrosion-resistant, which greatly increases the pipes’ longevity.
What we offer?
Through innovative trenchless commercial drain repair solutions, increased dissemination of knowledge, and with long experience within the industry, Repiper contributes to the sustainable pipe renovations of the future. Contact us for more information.
A complete offering of relining products, including our patented tools and innovative products made of premium materials. The offering consists of Swedish-developed relining technologies adopted for the US market.
Detailed on-site training to both new and existing relining companies using the trenchless relining method. We help you take your relining offering to the next level and teach how to use the Repiper products and StepbyStep method.
Receive support from one of our experienced staff members to plan and ensure the success of your relining projects. We guide and instruct you on how to use our products, tools, and StepByStep method.